Thursday 23 March 2017

SELF BRANDING STUDIO BRIEF 2 DESIGN



TOP DOGS 

3 unique graphic designers working together to fulfil our clients needs. Looking at each of us as individuals we then picked our dogs -

DINA SCHOFIELD YORKSHIRE TERRIER 

We chose Dina to be a Yorkshire terrier as she is from Burnley which is in the North so she is a Yorkshire lass. 



 LEAH RATCLIFFE (ME) CHIHUAHUA

Kitty and Dina chose me to be a Chihuahua as I am energetic and small. 





KITTY EDWARDS AFGHAN HOUND

Kitty is elegant and trustworthy with long brown hair much like an afghan hound.





This is our first pay off and name idea that we came up with :




I then focused on my designs and what I could produce that would help my group. I wanted to focus on 3 things that were The business card for myself, pen designs and creating a website - which took up most of my time on this project.

For my business card I started looking at innovative ways that people make their business cards different but when I looked at our project as a whole I wanted my business card and the others cards to all link in with the website design so I thought the best thing to do was to keep the designs simple. I looked at designing my own version of myself as a Chihuahua but as sort of feisty and small one. To get the small aspect of the dog I wanted to just make an illustration of its face and to make it look feisty I made the expression look a little angry.



I then used my illustration to make a business card, I repeated my illustration multiple times and make it a bit transparent to get the effect I wanted.

The next thing I did was look into the logo design for my business card and the group in general. I used the tongue idea as I thought it was more playful and had a bit of an edge to it.



Here are a couple of mock up designs I had:




I wanted to incoporate my aspects of this design with Kitty and Dinas designs to create the website :



My 3 pen designs for us as individuals:



Below is some of Kittys and Dinas work :



Here was our presentation:




No comments:

Post a Comment