Friday 20 October 2017

SUMMER REFLECTION

EXPERIENCES 
– Barcelona - visited lots of exhibitions
– Budapest
– Mallorca
– Egypt 
– Bar work at 5 festivals

MOST INFLUENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND WHY
My most influential experience was probably in Barcelona, I visited many museums and exhibitions, my favourite probably being the Fundacio Joan Miro Collection, It was not only the work that was exhibited there but also the actual space it was exhibited in. The space was created by Joan Miro himself with the idea of making art accessible to all. The collection of paintings, drawings and works on paper offered a thorough overview of all the stages of his life and career. One of my favourite pieces was the large canvases Miro produced from the late seventies onwards, they are characterised by large fields of colour and free gesture. I think it was nice to see work that meant something to the person who created it and accessible to all. It made me think that I want to make work that I want to do rather than last year maybe I did some work just because I had to and maybe I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. This year I want to focus on trying to make briefs relevant to myself so that I enjoy them more and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment